Sunday, December 6, 2015

Jim shared another 'HFS tape with DJ Jim Dunbar

Saturday Morning, May 14, 1983 – Jim Dunbar
Kind of a strange mix here.  An early Saturday morning --too early it seems-- set from Jim Dunbar which features: Siouxsee and the Banshees (Switch), The Minutemen (East Wind- Faith), MX80 Sound (More Than Good), Depeche Mode (an alternate mix of Get the Balance Right), Simple Minds (Premonition), Roxy Music (Just Another High), Dream Syndicate (That’s What You Always Say)…and just after Jim introduces the ‘News Blimp Goes to Hell’… the tape switches to something slightly noisy (was this taped off an AM station?), unintelligible at first…, until you realize it’s about 10 minutes of an episode of the National Lampoon Radio Hour which features a parody of AM Talk Radio in the 70’s among other things.  No commercials, but around the 37 minute mark you get a sampling up and down the DC rock/pop radio dial. Then back to the National Lampoon which starts fading out at the end of the tape.
 
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/L5ZCuTwG/file.html


Many thanks once again Jim!

3 comments:

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Keep them coming: HFS Jim and thanks, Bill

Camarillo Brillo said...

I finally listened to this tape from Jim. It's a great listen, as always, with the crazy whaked out ending, it reminds me of how sometimes, I just used anything for filler. Kinda goofy, but, hey, cool too.
Thanks Jim!

nokesvillejr said...

In this case I must have had an entire tape of National Lampoon and bits of other sounds which I taped over. I've still got a number of tapes with snippets of songs, DJs, station IDs with no rhyme nor reason for the compilation-at least that I can remember. Probably a left over from the days in school with no money to speak of, so I used tapes over and over.

What This Is All About

I've been collecting live music from various sources since the mid to late 70's. Radio shows, TV broadcasts, radio show pre-FM CD's and vinyl LP's and some trades. Most of the shows posted here, I recorded and ripped myself. I always had top of the line stereo equipment and cassette and open reel recorders for those on air broadcasts.

I've downloaded plenty of bootlegged concerts from various blogs. As a rule I will only post stuff from my collection and not what is already available out there.

I also post out of print CDs and LPs from my collection.
I will repost from my readers anything someone sends me as long as it is either out of print or something that's not from someone else's blog. If you want to share a link for a cool item on your blog, or someone else's, please feel free to post it in the comments........

Enjoy and please leave a comment and pass this blog along.

Can you believe that so many out there are starving for the old WHFS? Amazing!

If you leave a comment, how about using a nickname instead of Anonymous. At least make up something please. Thanks!

I have reconsidered my position...and will re-upload dead links, so long as you go to that particular post and make the request from the comments page...

Blog Archive



“Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST…”---Frank Zappa

The Equipment Used For All Those Rips

The Equipment Used For All Those Rips
Old School!

The Home Office

The Home Office
It Rocks!

All this fits on a little 'ol Hard Drive?

All this fits on a little 'ol Hard Drive?




kayaker729 at yahoo dot com, Maryland, United States







Project Object

Project Object

Crack The Sky

Candye Kane

Candye Kane

Quay Lude

Quay Lude

Chimney Slide

Chimney Slide
Smoke Hole Canyon